Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A real post

  • Jon had a day off work yesterday so we got a couple of videos out. We were going to see Norbit at the movies a couple of months ago, so got that, boy, am I glad we never wasted our money at the movies. The other we saw was Pursuit of Happyness, nothing too exciting, but a nice 'feel good' movie.
  • My sister stayed on the weekend, so we took advantage of that and headed over to Hamilton for a night out, went to see Blades of Glory, (which was OK, I knew what it was going to be like, not hilarious, rolling on the floor, but a couple of funny bits) and then had some dinner.
  • Scrapcamp this coming weekend. I've made up about 17 page kits (yeah, right, as if), so will work away at those. I got my photos printed, and had them sent here, the only problem is I am all inspired to do the pages NOW.
  • Jon had been in Wellington for a couple of days last week, so on Friday night I cooked meatballs, something we've never really had (only in Subway rolls), OMG you would have thought Cameron thought I was making him eat horse shit! He spent half an hour at the table moaning, 'cause I said he had to eat 1. Well, I turned my back for 2 minutes, and he's coming out of the toilet, " I ate one" he says. I couldn't do much about it, 'cause I couldn't prove it otherwise, but I'll bet he didn't!
  • We had an appointment with a Doctor from the Child Health team at Waikato Hospital, with a 'tentative' diagnosis for Cameron's behaviour, so the next step is to seek counselling, both as a family, and for Cameron himself. I'm looking forward to being given some skills to be able to deal with his behaviours.
  • School holidays looming, any exciting ideas? We are going to New Plymouth for 1 night, and then Jon and I are away for a conference in Wellington from Tuesday - Sunday of the second week. Other than that, I don't have much else planned, I asked the kids for ideas, but they weren't to forthcoming either.
Right that's it for me.... I'm off to organise groceries, and other bits and pieces for those left behind on the weekend (yay, not me!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time at Scrap Camp!!

Surprising that your son doesn't like meatballs, they are usually so "kid-friendly". I know my boys love them (and my eldest is a fussy eater). We had meatballs tonight, actually!

As for school holidays ideas ... if you get any, let me know!! LOL! This will be mine (and Ethan's) first school holiday experience (apart from Kindy holidays of course) and I need ideas too!

Anonymous said...

I am glad I am not the only one feeling a little uninspired about the school holidays......we are the same in our household, going to the Miranda hot pools will be the highlight I think! See you at scrapcamp, sounds like you have got heaps planned! Arrrr no cooking, cleaning or referring for 3 days!

Anonymous said...

Have a great scrap camp want details when you get back.

Donot worry about the meatballs my son must have taught Cameron what to do because he did the same thing when I gave them to him last week.

Sharon said...

Haven't even thought about the school holidays - sigh. Have a great time at scrapcamp :)

Penny said...

have a great time at scrap camp!

Christi said...

Angela - have a wonderful weekend at Scrap Camp! Yeah, I'm wondering what's up with your boys not liking meatballs either. My girls love them! Maybe it's the ingredients??? DH cooks his using mince, bread, garlic, wine and then topped with those Wattie's Pesto tomatoes. YUM! I'm unsure about school holiday activities as well. I know sleeping in, staying in pjs and watching movies is high on MY list lol.

Neen and Mike said...

HUG... thats all just a hug... :)