Sunday, July 01, 2007

The Weekend

Well where to start.

How about an early morning call from the plumber. I was sound asleep and heard some banging, and called to the kids (who had got up to watch TV) "be quiet". Anyway, Jon's alarm hadn't gone off, or we had slept through it, the plumber turned up, the kids let him in (and then went back to watching TV) next thing I know, my eyes pop open as the plumber walks past our door. Now the scary thing is we don't wear anything to bed, and fortunately we were both still all covered!

I shouldn't complain, as he was supposed to come last week and with the frosts we had he had other urgent jobs to fix. Anyway, he'll do his bit first, and then later today the builder will make a start, I imagine it will be a couple of days, so with it being school holidays, AND wet weather I may have to take the kids out for the day.

Scrapcamp? You want to know about Scrapcamp. Had lots of fun. Actually did quite a bit for me, considering how much I normally do.

The classes were heaps of fun.

This is my Chris Millar page, the photo is shocking so will fix it later. Mine doesn't quite have as much bling as others, and even though pink is not really me, I like. I was quite surprised when hubby came around the corner at home as I was putting the photos on (cause I hadn't taken them to camp) and said, even before I said anything, 'wow, I liiiike that'. Chris was such a neat teacher, she thought of everything, and was so friendly and helpful.

We also made a cool little folder/album and that class was presented by Sara-Jane Bunting, who did an amazing job, she was so patient, and understanding (I skipped several steps, as I did not want them in my book). I'll add photos of that soon.

I also met up with some really neat ladies that I have talked to via web/blog/email, so hi to Ilka, Ruth, Tracey, Lynda, Kirsty, Trina, & Sandra

After Scrapcamp, Jon came over with the boys, and we went out to the Paradise Valley. When I rung him in the morning to arrange it, the weather had been clearing, unfortunately, just as we got there it turned to crap, and we got soaked. We were lucky to be in the right place at the right time, and followed the keeper around as he was feeding, and got to help him, and also see the Chicco the possum. Just as we were about to leave, being the last there, we were invited into see the cubs again, and got some cool 1-on-1 time with them, and the keepers. The photos are just terrible, I think the darkness didn't help, but with the flash they looked just as bad, and I had Jon's camera ('cause me, a scrapbooker, had flat batteries , doh!) which I'm not used to. I hope you also noticed I handed the camera to Jon and TOLD him to take photos of me. After doing pages at scrapcamp where we had gone away for the day, I began to wonder if I had actually been there, 'cause there were no photos of me!

By last night I was absolutely shattered, and fell asleep in the lazy boy watching TV.

11 comments:

Lynda said...

LOL about the plumber Angela! It was good to meet you at scrapcamp too. Very impressed to see a review on a blog already - well done you. What a fun way to end the weekend with your trip to Paradise Valley.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time will hear all the goss on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was great meeting up with you! I was easy to spot huh! LOL

What a cool way to end a great weekend.

Sandra said...

Hi Angela...was good to meet you too. I had planned on trying to do meals etc with different people but missed really talking to you somewhere along the line. Will book in a cuppa for next scrapcamp. Time at Paradise Valley sounds cool. Up close and personal with those lion cubs must be so musch fun even in the rain.

Sharon said...

LOL about the plumber! Love the layout and looks like a great time at Paradise Valley even with the horrible weather :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time at Scrap Camp. That layout is really cool, I have only just started using pink myself (for some ME layouts) and I'm loving it! Look forward to seeing photos of your other projects too.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all. Love that layout too. What a great way to end a fantastic weekend. shame about the rain, but at least you ot one on one time with the cubs and trainers.

Anonymous said...

Cool. Love that grid-and-heart layout. And what a great time you had at Paradise Valley. Go you on getting photos of yourself :)

Chris Millar said...

Great to catch up with you on the weekend for a little chat Angela!! Glad you had a good time and enjoyed my class!! Love how it turned out!! How lucky were you to pat the lions too!

Anonymous said...

Was lovely to meet you too!!! What a fun weekend huh?! I love those Lion cubs. So jealous you got to pat them. Must try and get down there to see them with the kids.

Anonymous said...

Great to meet you at camp Angela. Glad you made it to Paradise Valley Springs :)