Sunday, November 25, 2007


Well....... the dinner the other night didn't quite go as it should have, although it did go as I expected. Cameron took one look at it, and said 'I'm not eating that', which he didn't, Braden chowed it down, declaring 'this is the yummiest, mum'.

Anyway, more new food experiences. Sushi. Because I am organising a Sushi Day at school, for lunch, I thought it best I try it myself. I bought some home for the kids and I. I expected Cameron to screw up his nose, and Braden to like it, however it was the other way round, Braden took one bite and spat it out, and Cameron devoured it, and wanted more. We have only tried Teriyaki Chicken (rolls), and also tried chicken teriyaki and sweet and sour chicken nigiri-zushi's, but they just ate the topping and didn't eat the rice. Now Cameron asks everyday if we can have it, and when is it Sushi Day at school.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

LOL - sounds like my boys. New food is always a challenge.

Anonymous said...

Your first time trying sushi? Wow!

I love it, I would eat it every day if I could :-) My fave is tempura prawn ... yum!

Just like your boys, one of my boys likes sushi and the other one doesn't!

Anonymous said...

I had sushi for the first time at the start of this year and I LOVE IT!! In fact I might have some for lunch today! LOL

Penny said...

Love sushi :)

Anonymous said...

well it sounds like exciting times in your household. Chicken is a good sushi to try first. I have to admit I am not a fan of it. How did it go at school?? I am amazed by the numbr of children at school who eat it.

Ilka said...

Wll at least one likes it! One cant win all the food rounds;p