Sunday, May 11, 2008

THURSDAY - HOME


We wandered into the shops to spend the last of our Australian money, and to see the Doctor. I had thought I was getting the flu on Tuesday, but that seemed to clear, but now I had an ear ache. I have had problems with eczema in the ear canal in the past, so wasn't sure if it was that, or inner ear infection. After a long wait, and an expensive visit, I found out I had a fungal infection, so had some strong painkillers and more drops. This cause great problems on the flight home, as it is I usually have problems, but with a sore ear it was 5 times as bad. The flight was good, the kids good, and we got in to Auckland a little earlier, and stayed at the hotel again, before arriving home mid Friday afternoon.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic holiday you all had. I wont comment on all your posts but I enjoyed reading them
and looking at the photos. Your apratment looked great and wow at the size of it. Gosh you meet a lot of people from home over there. Love that you bumped into Vicki, very cool!! eeks at ear infections and planes ouch I feel your pain! I have had to do that once and once was enough.

harbourgal said...

Hi.... I thought I had misread bloglines when it said 14 new posts lol! It sounds like you had a great time away and you are braver than me (not catching me on any tower of terror). I loved the photos ... they will look just great scrapped. Liam was also particularly excited to see Batman that he took over the mouse and said I want to look again. Maybe we will have to take him to Movieworld next time we are over there!

Anonymous said...

Wow to everything you did and you did well in fitting it all in. Was great to see you in the mall - what a fluke thing though. Am so glad you all had a great time and love the photos. Not so good about you getting sick and definitely not good for the plane - ouch.

Anonymous said...

looks and sounds like you had a great time. You've got some lovely photos.

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous holiday! The weather looked good in your pics too. Much nicer than here lol.
Great idea breaking all the days up into seperate posts).

Anonymous said...

Wow what a supercool holiday! Loved the way you posted it and took us along for the ride. Lots of cool memories and great photos. That'll keep ya scrapping for some time!
Had to chuckle about you meeting all your fellow locals over there, what's up with that?;p
So sorry to hear about your earache... I know what terrible pain that is in a plane. Hope it's all gone now.

Anonymous said...

Hey Angela, looks like you had a wonderful time! Its pretty cool huh?! Funny about bumping into others from your home town!