Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A DATE

In more ways than one.

My sister stayed Sunday night, so while she was here to look after the kids Jon and I jumped in the car and went for a drive to the Mount. We haven't been since last summer, and there have been quite a few changes. Normally we would have been to the beach several times so far, but the weather just hasn't played the game. We went for a walk around the mountain, had a Danish Cone, mmmmmmmm, and had some dinner. There is this great little place called Zeytins, and there is one in Tauranga too, on the strand. I'd never been, but it was recommended, glad we went. I had a Roast Vege & Chicken salad, so it was kind of like a green vege salad, with roast vege, and chicken, mmmm, that was good. It was very reasonably priced, and the staff were great, good atmosphere, quite casual.

The other 'date', (thankfully, after having another attack last night) is a date for my gallbladder surgery, Valentines Day of all days!!! It will just be an overnight stay, at the Southern Cross Hospital in Hamilton, as it is just keyhole surgery, fairly straight forward if everything goes OK.

Cameron has gone off to camp today. I've spent the last 3 days convincing him it was going to be fun, as he was dead against the idea, however, today he seemed quite keen to go. I hope it all goes well for him, 'cause if it doesn't, I'll never get him to go again. I took these photos as we dropped him off, but I'm gutted 'cause I had it on the lowest setting, so will have to stage some photos on Friday when we pick him up.

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Sounds like a nice dinner date! Good luck with your surgery, I'm sure it will go smoothly. My mum had her gall bladder out a couple of years ago, and as well as solving the intended problem, it had the benefit of solving a myriad of other problems she had previously thought were related to something quite different! She has been a changed person since her operation, and the recovery was quick & easy with the keyhole surgery. I hope the same is true for you!

Anonymous said...

yippeee on the surgery at least you can get this sorted. So is it quiet without Cameron? Is little brother missing him? Sounds like you had a wonderful time....

Sandra said...

Hi Angela...Cameron should havve a blast at camp. Looks like he's at Totara Springs. My DH is the Hospitality Manager there and currently does all the cooking!!

Mel said...

Good luck with your surgery. I had my gall bladder out nearly 20 years ago (I was about 20). I have a huge scar and it took 6 weeks to recover. The following year keyhole surgery was introduced and my sister had hers out - she has 2 small scars and was back at work within 2 weeks.
No more rolling around the floor in agony. (Apparently it can be heriditary - me, my sister, my Mum, both grandmothers. And it affect women way more than men.)