Saturday, March 24, 2007

I'm back

Wow, what a week that was!

Thanks to everyone who commented and emailed about our friend. What a huge loss, we were just so devastated at the shock of it all.

Monday I took DH over to Hamilton for a regular check up for his eyes, due to diabetes they need to be checked to irregularities and changes. On the way home I dropped him at the airport, as he was away down South for 3 days.

I haven't been feeling to well, most of this week, just a head cold, but it really knocked me, so have just been chilling. No housework. Caught up on videos.

Thursday night saw us at Trivial Pursuits night at DH's work, love these events, they do them regularly, even more fun when ya win :) Unfortunately, DH decided it was a night to party, and we consequently didn't get to sleep till 3am. Now, don't get me wrong, I didn't go out till 3. I had to get home to the babysitter at 9! He did. And I couldn't sleep till he got home (which was 12 not 3) but of course we had to have the customary row after, grrrr, men!

I started having problems with internet access on Monday afternoon, and after listening to the pre-recorded message on the xtra helpline, decided there was nothing to do, they were having problems and I would just have to wait. It took till Wednesday morning before I got back online (up until then I did at least have email), so I surfed for a bit before school, caught up etc, only for it to go down again about 2pm, this time it was email as well.

After moaning to my friend, who lives around the corner, also on broadband, I rung to see when they would get their sh!t sorted, only to find out it was my modem. When the new one hadn't turned up yesterday afternoon, I was gutted at the thought of spending the weekend without it, but fortunately for me, Telecom uses Saturday couriers.

The parcel turned up just as we were on our way out the door to the funeral for the friend I mentioned earlier. I don't do funerals. This is only the second non family member funeral I have been to, but am pleased I went. It was a nice service, very hard under the circumstances, but a very fitting send off.

After dropping off our old bedroom suite to the Trade Me buyer, in Hamilton, (yay, I can finally get some order to my house now that this extra furniture that has been cluttering my bedrooms, has gone), we came home for a 'nana nap', still feeling a little off from the other night.

You would have thought all the time away from the internet I would have scrapped heaps?!?!? NO, nothing, zip, zilch, nada. I hope to tomorrow! Mind you, tomorrow is another day. With the week that I have had, who knows what tomorrow brings!

Although, talking scrapping. This photo is the start of a page. My new shoes. It's not so much the shoes, but the colour. Everything is red in my wardrobe, and when I saw these, and Jon commented how cool they were (which I really did not expect him to say) I had to have them. And, they are soooo comfortable.

Keep an eye out for the rest of the layout :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that does sound like quite a week!! Hope you are feeling better now. I've had that same cold I think! Nasty piece of work, it knocked me pretty bad too and I took 2 sick days off work!!

Look forward to seeing the layout of your cool new shoes! Love the colour!

Anonymous said...

nice shoes, busy week.

Anonymous said...

love the red shoes. hope you get past that virus. there's some yukky bugs going around.

Anonymous said...

Cool shoes!! :)
I hope you are feeling more like normal soon.

Anonymous said...

wow love the red shoes