Tuesday, April 10, 2007

10 YEARS AGO TODAY

(First I have to apologise for the quality of photos, I had to take photos of photos in my album)

Tauranga Historic Village

The girls. We were ready at least half an hour early, and I just couldn't wait to get on with it. I wasn't nervous, just excited to meet up with my husband to be, and to share with friends and family.















The ceremony. We choose to have an outdoor venue, as we didn't want a religous service in a church. We had a celebrant, who was very casual, we designed the whole service ourselves.























The wedding party. We didn't want it big or flash (remember, we had been living together for 5 years), so I chose my cousin, who I am very very close to, for my bridesmaid, and the best man was Jon's best friend, and the flowergirl was my little sister. We got some cool photos around the Village, however I was a bit disappointed we didn't get more of our guests. If I could do it different I would supply those disposable cameras for guests to use while they were having some nibbles, while we were off having photos.



























































After photos we had dinner at the village, and that was beautiful and very reasonably priced. There weren't really any facilities for dancing or after dinner entertainment where we were, and as we are definately not dancers, (and wanted to do something different) we took our guests 10 Pin bowling. The sad part is, the photographer had problems and we have no photos, so we have to rely on our memories. I bowled in my wedding dress! (Ooops, tell a lie, I have one photo, which I must find)

It was a really great day, it was exactly as I had imagined it, there wasn't a thing I would change.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Congratulations :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! Love the idea of going Ten Pin Bowling with your guests - very unique and so much fun!! :-)

PS. We had those disposable cameras on the tables at our reception - I'm glad I heard of the idea because we got some great photos of our guests.

Penny said...

Happy anniversary to yoooooooooooooooou!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!
Love your wedding photos and memories :)