Sunday, May 27, 2007

Soccer

While driving Braden to soccer yesterday, I chatted to him about the game of soccer. On the way there, and the way home we always casually chat about the game coming/had.

I asked him "What do you need to remember today?"

"Kick the ball out to my team mates" (cause at this age, they are still like bees around the honey pot)

"Yip" I say, "what else?".

"To have fun", "Yes", I say, waiting for some great soccer tip, then he says

"To try my best"

A huge smile creeps across my face, 'cause I realise 'he gets it'

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool :)

Anonymous said...

love it when they get it. There is nothing wrong with winning but in my mind if they do not have those concepts first then they wont enjoy the win.

Anonymous said...

Awwww, so cool that he "gets it" ... and that's because you're a great mum who has taught him well!! Winning is nothing if you don't have fun, and losing is hard if you haven't enjoyed yourself. Such great advice and wonderful that he takes it on board.

Anonymous said...

Yay, way to go Braden...Awesome that he finally gets it.

Anonymous said...

very cool that he gets it :) what a cutie

Penny said...

Yeah! Go Braden