Sunday, August 26, 2007

C is for Cameron......


..... my first born, nearly 9.

Cameron has an obsession with dinosaurs. The whole world revolves around dinosaurs, he can tell you which is which, probably about 30 different ones, and what characteristics they each have.

Cameron does very well at school, excells in spelling, reading is well above average, enjoys maths, and does well across the board!

He does not enjoy sports, although will happily participate at school, but he does tell me he wants to do athletics this coming summer (because he saw the fun they had on the last night, don't know if he realises he needs to participate on the other nights too).

He also follows in his fathers footsteps, and has trouble sleeping, he will often still be awake at 11pm, although we have since got some sleeping tablets, and he has them a couple of nights a week to make sure he gets his 'quota' of sleep for the week, otherwise he is like a bear with a sore head.

Speaking of him and sleeping, I'd best go see him to bed, and it shouldn't be too long before he's asleep.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I'm totally lost with dinosaurs, wouldn't know one from another! But I can relate to needing to take sleeping pills to get to sleep!

Lovely photo!

Anonymous said...

Nice photo! He sounds like a sweetie, have you ever tried giving him a massage before bed? Nice and relaxing and gets the oxytocin flowing really nicely, also soft music helps to relax the active mind.

Anonymous said...

He sounds like a really great, intelligent, happy kid!!

Great photo, too. Definitely scrap-worthy :-)

Sharon said...

Nice shot! And I hated sport too - except the athletics prizegiving when they always had mallowpuffs! The fastest I moved all season :)

Anonymous said...

I have recently discovered the effect Dinosaurs have on boys learning. I saw two quiet boys turn into animated and couldnt get enough talking boys. What an eye opener. I find pronouncing thier names difficult.

Penny said...

Nice pic! It amuses me what they seem to latch onto in terms of interests.