Tuesday, August 14, 2007

It's been a busy week.....

...... and I'm absolutely knackered.

I've been busy learning the new job, which has been really hard as there is quite a tight schedule to follow, which hasn't left the time to learn things, find out, ask questions, etc. On the whole the job has been going quite well, but I forget what little kids are like, you have to be careful what you say, or they take it so literally. The staff have been really good, I feel like I've always been there!

In other news; had a girls night out on Saturday night, that was good fun, nothing planned, just drinks at a friends house for her birthday, sat around talking, some music, home at 2am. Then on Sunday we went to Hamilton, not that I had wanted to, after working 6 days in a row, plus Saturday night, the last thing I felt like was going out, but we were still struggling to find the thing we wanted for Bradens birthday, so off we went to Hamilton. Had a late lunch, went to several shops and still came away with nothing.

Today was Braden's birthday, so he just opened our present, and then Grandma came to visit with a cake for afternoon tea. She bought him a recipe book, and some ingredients and equipment, which he thinks is pretty cool, 'cause he wants to make muffins to sell, to use the money to buy a toy he has been after. It's quite funny, 'cause he mentioned this last week, even before he got his present, so it worked out well. Keep an eye out for the entrepreneur coming to a town near you!

This Friday after school he is having a party, red party to be exact, so if you have any ideas for food etc, or cool red things I can do, let me know.

I've also, at the very last minute, like an hour ago, managed to upload my layout for the SE Challenge. Now, I'm normally not one for competitions, but if this gets me back into it, then good, however, if it gets too much I have no qualms about pulling out either.

And on that note, I need to catch up on some sleep, so will continue with the ABC's next post, and will post about the party.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear your enjoying the job, had a giggle about little kids. They really do belieb what you say don't they. Happy Birthday Braden. Coo, pressie from grandma, love how he has plans for it too. well done on getting the challenge completed too. As for red parties, red jelly? red saveloys, red apples, raspberry smoothies? All I can think of is stuff with red in it that are probably loaded with too much sugar.Strawberries, cherry tomatoes lol

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the job is going well, even though you are tired!! So good that you feel at home there.

Happy Birthday Braden!! A red party sounds like fun. Here are some food ideas off the top of my head: strawberries, cherries, red apples, red capsicum, tomatoes (my kids LOVE cherry toms), cocktail sausages, roll-ups, red jelly, bread with jam, raspberry fizzy, anything you can colour with red food colouring (muffins, cake, etc). I'm sure the party will be lots of fun!

Penny said...

That is great the job is working out for you (even if it's busy). It is good to be happy in your job.

Happy birthday Braden! He's obviously planning ahead!

Hmmm... red. Fire engines, tomato sauce, the blood of angry men, red kidney beans, red india rubber ball....

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your new job is going well, good luck for the birthday party tommorrow!

Anonymous said...

glad you're enjoying the new job, even if it is busy, you'll soon get the hang of it soon.