Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Whoo Hoot Wednesday.....

..... actually on a Wednesday, for a change.

Well, 4 days later, and we are pretty much settled in. There is still a ton of boxes in the garage, that I refuse to bring into the house until the have been sorted, I'm not having boxes of 'stuff' in here.

- Yay for all the cupboards here. That would have to be my biggest wahoo today. I did the kitchen yesterday, and today found a cupboard, and 3 drawers, plus the cupboards that are right up the top (think preserves, or similar, for stuff not used much at all) that haven't been filled yet. When setting up the kids 'lounge/toy area' it was great to be able to stick my jigsaw puzzles up out of the way, leaving cupboard space clear for their sets.

- Can't wait till Saturday. Well, I can, as I haven't sorted out anything, still have to find some bits and pieces, but am really looking forward to a day out, and meeting all the ladies I have spoken with, and know all about, but not met.

- Pleased to have the fire going, we didn't have any wood for a couple of days, but got some today, so nice to be warm, just do not like the cold at all!

That's enough for me, makes me happy, so all is good.

12 comments:

Trace said...

Yep, will be great to catch up on Saturday and LOL woman, do you think the rest of us will get much done!! I thought crops were just for chatting, you mean we are meant to take stuff to do. Really?? ROFL. Glad to hear your humming your way through the unpacking, will feel great when it's all done.

Anonymous said...

wow you are making great progress.....had a giggle at not wanting stuff inside the house (loved that). After all that packing and unpacking you deserve fun at the crop.

harbourgal said...

Yay for new houses and lots of storage space. I'm jealous!! Will be great to see you again on Saturday... like you I am totally disorganised and I think i might take the Trace mode of cropping and just chat! See you on Sat!

Anonymous said...

well all that sounds good! Gotta love lots of cupboard space. See you Saturday.

Neen and Mike said...

Well you think that you're not organised... you should SEE my lounge floor right now! MAN!

Will see you saturday! Woo hoo!

Anonymous said...

Uggg ... I so hate moving ... sounds like you are coping well! Enjoy your day on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like everything is going to plan and laughing at all the cupboards you are finding. Have fun on Saturday.

Penny said...

going to be great to meet you!

I think we were still unpacking boxes 6 months after our move. Probably says something about how useful those items were! LOL!

Tracy said...

Awesome list! See you on Saturday :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you're still enjoying the new place. Two toilets. Sigh. What I wouldn't give for that! LOL.

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela

Yes, of course, that is where I know you from! Did you enjoy the SYTYCS comp? I really enjoyed it 'cos it was the first time I had ever posted layouts anywhere online!! I thought the standard of work was so high.

Have you finished all your unpacking yet? Moving is such a pain!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. It is quite nerve-racking, writing down your inner-most thoughts for other people you don't know, to read! I guess it will take me a while to warm up and really be myself.

Do you go to lots of crops? It seems like it from the comments on this post. I haven't really been to a crop before; I don't know how I would pack up all the stuff I may possibly need! But I see there are sometimes crops here in Auckland; maybe I will give it a go one day - if I can convince my dh to look after our dd for an entire day...hmmm, might have to work on that one!

Is it OK if I add your blog to my...I think it is called bloglines???, not sure, but so I can visit your blog regularly??

Monique said...

Hi Angela,
thanks for visiting my blog :-) you asked about a recipe for the apple turnovers...well all I did was used flaky pastry from the supermarket (the sort in a block) roll it out and use the sharp circle side of the pastry press to cut your circle.

Peel, core and slice apple, lightly cook for a few minutes in a pan with a bit of sugar and a splash of water til soft.

Place your round of pastry on the pressing side, add a spoon of apple and sprinkle with a little more sugar and dust of cinnamon if you like.

Press closed until sealed and brush with milk or egg. Bake at 220 C for about 15 minutes I think it was...see back of pastry packet for this.

Despite sealing mine popped open a little but it didn't matter as we just dusted with icing sugar and piled a spoonful of whipped cream on top...naughty lol!!

Hope you've settled into your new home by now!

Have a good weekend!