Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Whoo hoot Wednesday

Can't really think of anything exciting to Whoo hoot about.... just lots of bits and pieces happening.

Christmas is looming, gee how hard it is to organise families. I put my foot down this year, and said we are staying home, (because every year we have spent it on one side of the family,) but opened our house to both sides of the family and all other related and non related strays, and it doesn't seem to be working. Anyway, I've come up with the theory that those that come will have a great day, those that don't will miss out!, and we won't be making any other trips to have 'catch up Christmases'. We have 2 birthdays in the 5 days after Christmas so want to keep things simple.

Christmas lights....... have pulled them out to check them out and plan, bought another couple of sets now that this house has a 'longer' front, therefore more lights needed.

Getting back into exercise. Just made a point of doing it, ahead of other stuff. I'd always thought, 'oh, this needs doing, or I have to be here or there', now I just do it. Ever since we got the bike and home gym I've been hesitant about the gym, not sure if we were doing it right, but a friend put me onto a 'freelance trainer' who will come to your place, and help you out, to what ever level you want, just the basics, or he will keep tabs on you, and do things like kick-boxing with you. It will be good to get the basics under control, will make it all seem worthwhile. (and, as I have absolutely no self control, there is no temptations in the house, which has made it alot easier)

Getting further help for emotional and social issues with our eldest, nothing is set in place yet, but we have finally found an avenue that will work for us. More to come later.

Finally making an appointment for the youngest to see an orthodontist......eeeek, hear the dollars sigh ch-chinging! He seems to have my problem, small mouth not enough room for teeth, so hopefully some teeth out, like they did to me, might help. I was lucky they got in early, and I didn't need braces, or a plate, all I had to do was sit with an iceblock stick (and the dentist said I was allowed to watch TV, yay for the dentist) for half an hour(?) and gently prod my two front teeth forward. It worked! (Now, isn't that a journalling spark if I ever heard one!)

I scrapped heaps over a period of 2 days last week, did 5 pages, couldn't believe it, but haven't done anything since. (just need to take photos)

Mmmmmmm, thats about it..... just stuff happening, but yet nothing exciting!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quite a shock to realise that Christmas is only 6 weeks away - we are having it at our place too this year. I'm sure you'll have a great time and not rushing here there & everywhere will be relaxing for you all.
Great news about the further help & assistance for your boy!
Here's hoping that the dental work needed is relatively inexpensive (sounds like yours was! Only the cost of an iceblock stick!) and that it solves the problem.

Anonymous said...

oh thats right you have a huge collection of christmas lights etc don't you. Good on your for staying home, great attitude and like you said those that come will enjoy themselves. Sometimes it's a blessing living down here around this time of the year. Hope the appt goes wll and its not too expensive, having a small mouth and too many teeth must be a common thing, thats what I had and I wish I had gotten away with teeth being removed and an ice block stick lol. I had my teeth removed and got the braces. Go you on the exercise thing. Whoot hoot at getting some support for your son.

Penny said...

Ugh - Christmas stress. Not sure what we're doing this year but your solution sounds good! LOL!

Good that you're finding some help for your son.

Tracy said...

Good on you for fitting in your exercise! Sounds like a busy but fun Christmas ahead for you guys. Glad you got help for DS no 1.

Anonymous said...

What a great list Angela. I'm with you on the Christmas day thing too - we were always the ones who had to travel and its not restful or enjoyable.

Trace said...

Sounds like a busy ole time Angela. All the best with the orthodontist.

dizzy Lizzie said...

You sound very busy too!! Good on ya with the exercise thing, I have become so very lazy!! Ditto to the other comments. Hope Xmas treats you well. Merry Xmas xx

Neen and Mike said...

I am jealous. We've done the christmas here thing twice and it's so much more relaxing. Sounds like life is being life for you guys. Hope all is well despite the choas.

Katepai said...

Thanks for the help with the blinkie. I was doing it right but it's not working. I don't have code for it. It's a picture on an e mail from Mel at scrao the girls so I put it in my documents folder. It works in there but as soon as I try to move it it won't blink or on my blog it's just a pink square. Oh well I will work it out eventually. Great blog by the way.

kate

Tracy L said...

Sounds to me like you have the Christmas thing sussed. I have just started exercising again too -summer's coming and all that! I use exercise DVDs like Turbo Jam; they help keep me a bit motivated. The trainer sounds like a good idea, just to get you up and running, so to speak. Great list!