Sunday, October 26, 2008

Labour Weekend

Not much happening here! What about your place?

I had my sisters kids stay Friday night, and we just mucked around yesterday, bit of TV, playstation, bikes, etc, and then our kids stayed at her place, while we went to the movies. There wasn't much on, so we saw Burn after reading, not really worth it, IMO, but I guess you don't know these things till you watch them.

Today was much of the same, although the house was quite quiet with the kids gone, I got up and made some muffins, mmmmmmmm, Pumpkin muffins. I probably went a bit over the top, too much cream cheese frosting, but I was trying to make them look good. The new piping bag split it's seam, so I resorted to the good 'ole Glad Snaplock bag, but ended up sticking my nail through it, so the last few were just iced with a knife (not that it changed the taste, LOL)

What about the weather today? Crazy! It was beautiful when I got up, so put my washing out, yet half an hour later it rained, I ran and got it in as I didn't want to spin it again before putting in the dryer, only for it to clear up again. We contemplated washing the cars, before it hosed down, and hailed and got cold. We lit the fire, and went to pick the kids up, and it cleared up and got really warm, so were expecting it to be quite hot in the lounge when we got home, but never mind, it rained again....... I give up!

Anyway, here is a page I did a few weeks ago, might even do another to match it, with more photos that we have of the individual family groups..... and now I might go work on our Australia pages some more.

Hope you weekend has been all you wanted, whether you are busy, or just chilling!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feeling a bit chilly alright today - we have had sun, rain and hail alternating all day. Forget the washing - I didn't even bother and its still in the machine! LOL. As for getting a family photo - its tricky for sure.

Penny said...

Lydia wants to eat your cupcakes! She is saying "Cake!"

Anonymous said...

Yummy! Love those muffins! Not much happening over here either, except the funny weather.

Tracy said...

Yum! Chilling out here too, scrapping, watching movies, reading. Love your family photo layout, those papers look great!

Trace said...

Glad to see it's not just us getting four seasons in one day. However today looks like a stunner so onto the second load of washing now! Mmmm thinking I want a muffin now LOL!

Mrs Frizz said...

Well those muffins look yummy! Icing looks pretty flash too ...

Make the most of the long weekend. Keep warm and dry!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear your view of the movie - we saw "Body of Lies" and it was pretty good, just need to be prepared for some graphic violence (torture).
Those muffins look GREAT! Yum!

Jenny said...

Muffins look realy yummy - maybe we all need that recipe! I like your l/o too

Sharon said...

You can never have too much cream cheese icing! They look yummy and I love the layout :)

Tracy L said...

Great page, I love the butterflies. And those muffins look pretty yummy to me! Well, it is on a bit from the weekend, but today is very crappy weather!!