Thursday, January 01, 2009

The day before Christmas I had a follow up appointment with the osteo, unfortunately had to go to Rotorua. It was quite nice in that it made Jon leave work behind, and get out for the day, as he had spent the first 2 days of his 'holiday' catching up. While at my appointment the osteo commented that he should have hooked me up with his other patient, and we could have come over together, so who do I see when I get to the shops, but one of the teachers from the school, who happened to be his patient. The osteo also commeneted on parking at the shops, and said that as I was his last patient we could leave our car in his car park and walk across the road, so that saved a lot of trouble. I also saw the parents of an old school friend, and while waiting in queue spotted a familiar face, and when we got out of the queue (at least 10 deep) had a quick catch up with Shell.

Christmas Day - started out very unsure, what was the weather going to do? Loving the fact that we have a great big house now, and had no hesitations inviting anyone who wanted to come for lunch and/or dinner. When the weather looked a bit iffy we decided not to put the big gazebo up (it's a party sized one, double the norm and quite tricky to assemble) figuring it was not going to be hot enough to need it, nor was it going to rain. We ate inside, and mixed and mingled both inside and out, with the weather holding out for us.We had picked up Jon's Dad from the rest home, and my Dad was here, my sister and her 2 children, my other sister, my Aunty and uncle, and my Nana, and Jon's 2 sisters, plus us 4, so it was a nice size. Very relaxed, turkey, ham, salads, and pudding, followed by the compulsory crackers, etc.About midday the SIL's left, as did my Aunty and Uncle, and Nana, and my Mum, her husband and my little brother came for dinner, which we finally had about 7, would have had it even later only Mum needed to get going.
I must have been a good girl this year (I did try, very hard), Santa was very generous, and I got a video recorder, absolutely tiny, amazing. It has lots of cool features, I've worked out the basics, just so I could use it straight away, however, will need to have a good look at the workings of it.

The kids got the latest craze toys, Bakugan, and they seemed very happy, along with Bradens tent, and other bits and pieces. Braden and his cousin slept in the tent, although Braden came inside in the middle of the night as Troy was 'hogging the bed'. He went on to sleep out there the next night by himself, and stayed the whole night.On Saturday we went to MIL's place, for a nice casual lunch for Jons birthday. 2 envelopes that had got missed on Christmas day were delivered to the boys, another $20 to add to their stash and they were overjoyed!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Angela. New Zealand is such a small place isn't it, more os when you go to another town for an appt and bump into people you know. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas Day and thats what it is really about. What a great gift you got too. That tent looks great.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had an amazing Christmas, Angela! Yay for having such a big house, I wish I could invite as many people as I want - but sadly, it would be too squished!

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Trace said...

Glad that being good paid off then LOL! So if your extra good this year does it mean you'll get a huge big projector tv thing to go with the video recorder then?? Funny about Rotorua...

Vicky said...

Oooh a video camera sounds fun! Looks like you had a wonderful day, Happy New Year!

Jenny said...

Happy Ne Year Angela. What a fun day; and yes, NZ is rather small .... especially when e were in Queenstown I met one of my scrapping buddies who was also there

Penny said...

Happy new year!

LOL about the tent bed hogger ;)

Sonya said...

Small is good! Lovely to live in a country where you see familar faces where ever you go! You must have been a very busy girl on christmas day. Looks like you had lots of fun and pleased to read that you received lots of goodies! Wishing you a wonderful new year!

Sharon said...

Cool photos!! Merry christmas and happy new year :)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Angela! Sounds like a great Christmas. Lucky you getting a video camera.