Monday, December 22, 2008

Wow.......

...... what a day. I am so pleased it's over, I have been in and out more times than I care to consider.

First, just after 8, I whizzed to the supermarket, before the hoards, although I had nearly 3 year old niece with me, which makes it a whole new experience.

Then, just before 10 I picked up a friend of Bradens, and dropped them at Craft and Creations, went back and picked up hubby, and Cameron, stopping in a the Post Office, (big mistake) for Cameron to price up a parcel for something he sold on Trade Me, and then dropped hubby home.

Right, back home, to the first of 6 loads of washing........

Back out just after 12 to pick up the boys, with a stop into the park, because I wasn't going to go home, and out again at 1pm for Bradens haircut, so after hair is done, we head home, where we wolf down a mouthful of lunch......

Right, ....... track down mother of said visiting child..... drop off niece at home, and head to the osteopath to get my neck looked at, fortunately he was able to squeeze me in......

Home. For an hour. Down to pick up hubby, and back home to swap cars, as he had the only set of keys to his car, and then off to Tokoroa (about an hour drive for those who aren't local) to visit MIL who has ended up in hospital with a chest infection. Nip out to the Warehouse the get a little fan for her, because it is roasting in the hospital ward........ and finally back home, where we stopped into the local Indian for some dinner.

Whew! What a day. I am so ready for tomorrow, hopefully no where to go...... just some tidying, and plans to alter, now that MIL is ill we will have any extra people at our house, instead of hers.......... that should be easy after today.

I haven't done my Christmas cards, I'm a bit gutted, as I've made them all, but they won't get out in time, so will save them for next year, see, one step ahead already, and will send out some New Year greetings instead, as I have time to do that between Christmas and New Year.

Now, if the kids would only go to sleep I might attempt to wrap some presents, although I might wait for hubby to come home, as I find the neck doesn't take kindly to looking down too much.

I hope you all have a great Christmas, with your family and friends, in whatever setting you do have it, and that the New Year is kind to you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am tired just reading it. Had a day like that last week and its exhausting. Hope your neck comes right and that all is well with MIL. Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Oh Angela, I am exhausted after reading that! I bet you are knackered! I hope your neck is feeling better now and that your MIL is able to come home for Christmas. You will be super organised for 2009 with your cards already done!
Have a wonderful Christmas!

Tracy said...

wow is right, enjoy your peaceful day at home today, hope your mil is well enough to enjoy Christmas and you have a wonderful day with your family!

Anonymous said...

heck you had a busy one, hope the neck gets better and that today is more restful and relaxing.

Anonymous said...

Wow, sure sounds tiring! Have a great Christmas Angela :)

Trace said...

Holy cow Ang - I'm tired just reading that LOL! Hope today is more relaxing and tomorrow even more so. Have a lovely Christmas and may santa be kind to you!

Penny said...

My day was a bit like that yesterday too!!
I'm sending New Year's cards too.

Tracy L said...

Oh, I hope your Christmas was a little more relaxed than this particular day, lol! I also hope your neck is OK now, too.